The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) is pleased to announce the relaunch of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program to honor skilled nursing and assisted living members for their individual work in achieving the goals of the AHCA/NCAL Quality Initiative.
For skilled nursing care centers, members must achieve four or moreof the AHCA Quality Initiative goals to be eligible for recognition. The goals are:
- Decrease turnover rates among nursing staff by 15% from 2015 or achieve/maintain at or less than 40%
- Adopt Core-Q customer satisfaction questionnaire and measure and upload data to LTC Trend Tracker
- Reduce the number of unintended health care outcomes
- Safely reduce the number of hospital readmissions within 30 days during a skilled nursing center stay by 30% from December 2011 or achieve and maintain a low rate of 10%
- Improve discharge back to the community by 10% from December 2014 or achieve and maintain a high rate of at least 70%
- Improve functional outcomes by 10% from December 2015 or maintain an average rate of improvement of 75%
- Safely reduce the off-label use of antipsychotics in long-stay nursing center residents by a total of 30% from December 2011
- Safely reduce hospitalizations among long-stay residents by 15% from December 2014 or achieve/ maintain a low rate of 10% or less
For assisted living communities, members must achieve two or more of the four NCAL Quality Initiative goals. The goals are:
- Increase staff stability by maintaining nursing and direct care staff turnover below 40%
- Increase customer satisfaction to 90%
- Safely reduce hospital readmissions by 15% or achieve a low readmission rate of 5% or less
- Safely reduce the off-label use of antipsychotics by 15% or achieve a low off-label usage rate of 5% or less
What to Do Next
By October 13, 2017, nursing centers must submit staffing and customer satisfaction data in LTC Trend Tracker. All other data is automatically uploaded by LTC Trend Tracker.
For assisted living communities, members must submit data for all NCAL goals in LTC Trend Tracker by October 13, 2017.
Customer satisfaction vendors can upload data to LTC Trend Tracker on behalf of members. A list of vendors able to upload can be found here.
AHCA/NCAL also encourage members to:
- Check their data on LTC Trend Tracker to see where they stand on each Quality Initiative goal
-AHCA members can also download their quarterly LTC Trend Tracker Top-Line publication
- Review resources for achieving Quality Initiative goals for nursing centers and assisted living communities.
Notification & Assistance
Later this year, achievers will be notified by the AHCA/NCAL Quality Initiative Recognition Program team using the latest available data. All achievers will be recognized at the AHCA/NCAL Quality Summit in New Orleans, March 12-14, 2018.
For those who need assistance with LTC Trend Tracker, email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to add the email address to your “Safe Sender” list.
If you have questions about the program, email the team at email@example.com.Click Here For Original Source Of The Article